Visas (English)

Tourist visa

Tourist Vista (T):

Will be issued to people who wish to enter the country for recreation, health or activities that do not involve remuneration or profit related to culture, art, science, sports, contact with businesses located in the country or with people in the private or public sector, or journalists for special events.


Visas are processed by the Consulate General that corresponds to the state of your residence. You can check which Consulate General corresponds with your state of residence at the following link: Contact with the Consulates.


It is recommended that non-migrant applicants request their visa no less than three (3) months before the expected travel date. We wont be able to process applications when the travel is expected to start in less than 8 weeks before  the requirements are received in the Consulate.


You have to drop the application and requirments in person, for that you don't need to have an appointment.



  1. Application form filled out and signed. In the Chicago Consulate you just have to fill and send this Online Form, then print it from the email you will receive and bring it with the rest of the requirements.
  2. Original passport with a minimum of six (6) months of validity remaining as of the expected travel date and at least two blank pages.
  3. Copy of the passport page that show personal information, the expiration date and the photograph.
  4. One recent digital photo. See specifications and instructions here. The Consulate General in San Francisco and Chicago request the photo in physical format (printed).
  5. Proof of employment issued by the applicant’s place of work, on official letterhead and indicating a contact person and address for verification. The Consulate General in Chicago will also accept a retirement letter or an university enrollment letter for the current semester if the applicant is retired or is a student and is over 18 years old.
  6. If the applicant is not a U.S. citizen, a copy of the green card or document that establishes residency in the country.
  7. Leasing contract for a residence or document demonstrating house ownership in the name of the applicant, or a document demonstrating ownership of a different type of property, including high value personal property (e.g. a vehicle or fine art), or commercial, business or industrial properties.    The Consulate General in Chicago will also accept a current (no more than 3 months) utility bill (Water, Electricity, Gas, Cable, Internet, Telephone)
  8. Original latest bank statement or a letter issued by the bank which shows the current balance or a notarized letter of invitation of the person or institution in the U.S. or Venezuela who will cover the costs of the applicant’s stay.
  9. One (1) copy of the flight itinerary (which indicates the date of entry to and exit from Venezuela, the name of the airline and the flight number). 
  10. A money order for $30 in the name of the Embassy of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
  11. The applicant must present the aforementioned documents in person at the Consular Section or Consulate.
  12. A pre-paid United States Postal Service Priority Mail envelope or UPS with a tracking number for the applicant’s documents to be returned. The Consulate General in New Orleans do not work with UPS. the Consulate General in Chicago will allow one (1) envelope per family group.
  13. Any other document the Consular Section deems pertinent.



The Consular Section or Consulate may require an interview with the applicant.

The Consular Section or Consulate may request the applicant’s criminal record.

The tourist visa will be valid for one (1) years, including multiple entries. The duration of a visit will be limited to a maximum of ninety (90) days.

For children and adolescents under 18 years of age:

  1. They are exempt from having to the Consular Section or Consulate in person. The requirements (5, 7, and 8) will be the responsibility of the parents, who must present the documents in person, including the following:
    a.The child or adolescent’s original passport, with a minimum of six (6) months of validity remaining as of the expected travel date and at least two blank pages.
    b.A copy of the child or adolescent’s birth certificate.
    c.One (1) recent front-facing photograph with a white background, size 2x2 inches (without glasses or hats).

  2. The mother or father that is not presenting the documents in person must provide notarized written authorization in Spanish for the other parent.
  3. In case one of the parents is deceased, the surviving parent must present the original or certified copy of the death certificate.
  4. If one of the parents is divested of parental authority by the final sentence of a court, the parent with parental authority must present a copy of the sentence.